07 Jul Chronicle Counsel: International Chocolate Day
It’s International Chocolate Day, one we’re VERY happy to support.
Central Coast-based business – Herbie’s Spices has come to the “party” with a lip-smacking treat – their Cardamom Rocky Road.
This decadent version of rocky road was created for Herbie’s 18th birthday party (an event that our member PR agency – Pursuit Communications provided event coordination services). Filled with pistachios, macadamias, Turkish delight and cardamom-scented chocolate, then topped with a layer of Herbie’s magical spice dust, it is the ultimate indulgence.
We have it on good authority that you won’t be able to stop at one piece.
- 300g milk chocolate
- 200g dark (70%) chocolate
- ¼ tsp Herbie’s Spices Ground Cardamom
- 125g pistachios (unsalted, unshelled), roughly chopped
- 100g macadamias (unsalted), roughly chopped
- 200g good quality Turkish delight (rose, orange blossom, mint or a combination), cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tsp Herbie’s Spices Spice Dust
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a glass bow with cardamom.
- Set the bowl over a saucepan a third filled with water and turn to high heat. Bring water to the boil then turn off, allowing the residual heat to melt the chocolate. Stir with a spatula for even melting.
- Prepare a 20cm square cake tin by lining with baking parchment.
- When chocolate is melted, stir through the nuts and Turkish delight until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin and refrigerate for 4 hours until firm. Cut into desired size pieces.
- Using a small sieve, dust the rocky road with spice dust before serving.
Our thanks to Herbie’s for letting us share this recipe.
If you’d like to have access to a wealth of inspirational days, like “International Chocolate Day”, then join Central Coast Chronicle today, we have business memberships at monthly and yearly rates and you get access to our planning calendar with all sorts of content to help your business grow. Click here for the details.